Who needs a visa? How to get it? Embassies & Consulates, of the country abroad and in the country....
The following information represents the governmental travel regulations, procedures and restrictions for travel to Azerbaijan Republic as at the 1st of November 2007.
The purpose of this information is to advice of travelers about general rules of visit country.
More detailed information can be accessed at Foreign Ministry web-site www.mfa.gov.az
For entry and departure from Azerbaijan Republic valid foreign passport required for all excluding persons with possessing documentation as follows:
1. Special documents issued for persons without citizenship refugees.
2. Return certificate for Azerbaijan Republic citizens and persons without citizenship residing in Azerbaijan Republic.
3.Teenagers (under 18) cross the state border of Azerbaijan Republic based on valid foreign passports as well as provided children’s photos are added to the foreign passports of their parent.
Validity: Foreign passport should be valid for the period of
Crew: Passport and a general declaration required. Crew members have to travel in uniform.
Additional information: Stateless persons and refugees
must contact Embassy or Consulate of Azerbaijan prior to
Notes: Return certificate (laissez-passer) is the document founding single-time crossing of the state border in order to return. The document is processed in the diplomatic representative offices and consulates for Azerbaijani citizen as well as persons without citizenship residing in Azerbaijan Republic.
1. visa section
Warning: Non-compliance with the entry regulations will
result in deportation of the passenger and fines for the
Visa: Required, except for:
1. Nationals of Azerbaijan.
2. Possessors of foreign passports issued for the citizen of states wich Azerbaijan Republic has the agreement on non-visa status with such as Belarus, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyz Republic , Moldova (Rep.
of), Russian Fed., Tajikistan, Ukraine and Uzbekistan.
3. Possessors of official and service passport as well as diplomatic passports issued for citizen of the states having agreement on non-visa regime with Azerbaijan. In case of tourist travel the maximum duration of non-visa status is 3 months.
4. Passengers traveling to 3rd country stay restricted to 72 hours on the assumption of availability of further travel ticket and stay within transit zone.
Availability of visas for aircraft crew is not obligatory.
Appointment OF VISAS
1. Before the entry: visa appointment is processed in the diplomatic
representative offices and consulates of Azerbaijan Republic abroud:
Austria (Vienna), Belarus (Minsk), Belgium (Brussels), Bulgaria (Sophia),
United Kingdom (London), Czech Republic (Prague), China (Beijing),
Egypt (Cairo), France (Paris), Germany (Berlin), Iran (Tehran, Tebriz), Italy (Rome),
Kazakhstan (Astana), Russian Federation (Moscow, St.Peterburgh),
Turkish Republic (Ankara, Istanbul, Kars), Turkmenistan (Ashgabat),
Ukraine (Kiev), UAE (Abu-Dhabi), Saudi Arabia (Riyadh), India ( Dehli),
USA (Washington, Los-Angeles), Uzbekistan (Tashkent), Georgia (Tbilisi),
Indonesia (Jakarta), Jordan (Amman), Spain (Madrid), Sweden (Stockholm),
Switzerland (Berne), Canada (Ottawa), Korean Republic (Seoul), Kuwait (El-Kuwait),
Kyrgyz Republic (Bishkek), Latvia (Riga), Hungary (Budapest), Malaysia (Kuala Lumpur),
Morocco (Rabat), Moldova (Kishinev), Netherlands (Hague), Pakistan (Islamabad), Poland (Warsaw),
Romania (Bucharest), Tajikistan (Dushanbe), Japan (Tokyo), Greece (Athens), Lithuania (Vilnius).
2. Upon Arrival:
For Turkish Republic citizen with maximum stay of 60 days, cost USD 10.
For 1 month visa letter of invitation and the documents specifying purpose of the visa are obligatory for submission
The visa duty for foreign citizen and persons without citizenship is equal to the duty paid by Azerbaijani citizen in the
Country of the foreigner for which the visa is issued.
3. For issuance of entry visa at the airport 3x4 cm photo is needed.
1. Foreigners coming to Azerbaijan for stay the range of more then 30 days have to register domiciliary. The registration form is submitted to the administration of the hotel (sanatorium, hospital etc) as well to the proprietor of an apartment.
The latter must notify the local police office about the registration within 24 hours. The registration cancelled after departure of the foreigner.
2. Foreign citizen and persons without citizenship residing in Azerbaijan ad interim have to prolong their visas annually.
1. Persons without citizenship and refugees may stay within the transit zone 24 hours only.
2. The citizen of following states can get the entry visa upon the arrival to the international airports of Azerbaijan Republic :
EU states, USA, Canada
Citizen and persons without citizenships residing in the states which have bilateral and multilateral agreements with
Azerbaijan Republic can get visas upon presentation of an invitation letter registered by the Foreign Office of Azerbaijan Republic.
Attention: non-observance of the rules will result in deportation of the passenger and penalty provisions for the transporting air company
Upon arrival to Azerbaijan from other countries passengers do not have to undergo vaccination procedures.
3. AIRPORT Tallage
No tallage is taken from the passengers upon their arrival to Azerbaijan’s international airports.
4. CUSTOMS Supervision :
Important: Persons aged 16 and more may import to Azerbaijan following:
1.1000 cigarettes or 1000g tobacco;
2.1.5 liters of alcohol or 2 liters of vine;
3. Perfumes for private use;
4. Azerbaijan Republic citizen may import the goods in value not exceeding USD 10 000 (for private use only);
5. Citizen of other states may import the goods in value not exceeding USD 10 000.
For importation of video camera for personal use no special permissions are needed except for declaration of the equipment upon arrival.
In case of re-export: the customs declaration must be kept till the further departure from Azerbaijan. The declaration should be submitted upon departure.
Prohibited: Photographs and printed matter directed against
Azerbaijan, live animals (subject to special permit),
military arms and ammunition, narcotics (opium, hashish,
etc.), fruit and vegetables.
Crew: Same regulations as for passengers apply.
Pets: Cats, dogs and birds (except pigeons) must be accompanied by a veterinarian health certificate bearing
seal of local board of health and not be issued over ten days prior to arrival. Pigeons are prohibited entry.
Pets may enter as passenger's checked baggage, in the cabin or as cargo.
Generally pets are not permitted in hotels.
Baggage clearance: Baggage is cleared at the first airport of entry in Azerbaijan.
Exempt: Baggage of transit passengers with a destination outside the
C.I.S. (see terms & definitions);
Prohibited: Arms, ammunition, precious metals (gold, silver,
etc.) And articles (see note 51 below) made thereof (also if
containing precious stones and/or real pearls), antiquities
and art objects (subject to duty and special permit from the
Ministry of culture), furs.
From the view of state and social security, morale and health of the population, environmental protection, preservation of historical monuments, rights of property etc. Some of goods may not be permitted for import / export.
Note: The jewelry notified in the declaration upon arrival is excluded from the list:
Local currency is Azerbaijan manat (AZN)
Permitted for exportation upon notification of the sum in the declaration.
Foreign currency. Permitted without restrictions for Azerbaijani citizen as well as foreigners and persons without citizenship provided that the declaration is properly submitted.
Local currency is Azerbaijan manta (AZN)
Permitted for exportation upon notification of the sum in the declaration (for Azerbaijani citizen only).
Azerbaijani citizen may export the sum of USD 10.000 (or equivalent). Any exceeding sum is subject to taxation. The sum exceeding 10.000 should be permitted by the National Bank of Azerbaijan Republic.
Foreigners may export the sum not exceeding the one declared upon arrival to Azerbaijan (the document proving the importation of the sum is needed. Otherwise, maximum sum permitted for exportation is USD 1.000).