|The Hospitality Club is the world's largest hospitality exchange organization. We are thousands of friendly members world wide who offer each other free accommodation when traveling. Membership is free and joining just takes a minute - we would love to have you onboard!|
|Info about Michigan, United States of America|
Michigan Travel Guide
Login to edit Login to view History
Write an intro paragraph about this State/region. Why should members come? What can they expect, travel wise and Hospitality Club wise?
You know you are a true Michiganander if:
1. You never met any celebrities.
2. "Vacation" means going to Cedar Point.
3. At least 1 member of your family disowns you the week of the
Michigan/Michigan State game.
4. Half the change in your pocket is Canadian
5. You drive 86 mph on the highway and pass on the right.
6. Your idea of a traffic jam is 40 cars waiting to pass an orange
7. You know how to play (and pronounce) Euchre.
8. It's easy to get VERNORS Ginger Ale, Sanders Hot Fudge sauce and Faygo Pop.
9. You know how to pronounce "Mackinac."
10. You've had to switch on the "heat" and the "A/C" in the same day.
11. You bake with SODA and drink a POP.
12. The movie "Escanaba in Da Moonlight" wasn't funny. You consider it a documentary.
13. Your little league game was snowed out.
14. The word
"thumb" has geographical meaning, rather than anatomical
15. You show people where you grew up by pointing to a spot on the back of your left hand.
16. Traveling coast-to-coast means driving from Port Huron to Muskegon.
17. You measure distance in minutes.
18. When giving directions, you refer to "A Michigan Left."
19. You know that Kalamazoo not only exists, but it is either raining or snowing there. (& its not that far from Hell)
20. Your year has 4 seasons: almost winter, winter, still winter, and road construction.
21. Home Depot on any Saturday is busier than toy stores at Christmas.
22. You know when it has rained because of the smell of worms.
23. Owning a Japanese car was a hangin' offense in your hometown.
24. Everyone you meet out of state thinks you know eminem
25. You drive 60 mph thru 2 feet of snow in a raging blizzard, without flinching.
26.You think Devil's Night is celebrated everywhere.
27.You believe that "down south" means Toledo.
28.You know what a "Yooper" is.
29.Up North" means north of Clare.
30.Octopus and hockey go together as naturally as hot dogs and baseball.
31.The snow freezes so hard that you can actually walk across it and not break it or leave any marks.
32.Half your friends have a perfect sledding hill right in their own backyard.
33. You actually understand everything i just said
Top Things to See and Do
Please just make a simple list separated by commas here - more info in the Travel Guide.
Northern Ontario touristical region (Ontario)
SouthWestern Ontario Peninsula touristical region (Ontario)
Wisconsin, Illinois, Indiana, and Ohio
Who is coming? Just add your user name and basic info (date and places you will visit) about your trip here, maybe other members will invite you or meet up with you on the road. Use your profile to tell more about your plans.
Want more guests! Add your user name here if you would like to receive more visitors - you should get more requests if listed here.
Hospitality Club Meetings
DETROIT/WINDSOR meeting on Jan 26th, 2007
We are planning a HospitalityClub/Couchsurfing meeting in Detroit everyone in
the nearby cities/States is invited. The meeting is being planned for the weekend of Jan 26 (Friday) - Jan 28
(Sunday). You are much invited to attend any/all parts.
The meeting will start at the Buzz Bar on Larned street on Friday (26th) @ 7p.m.
Here is the event info:
Where: Buzz Bar (www.buzzdetroit.com)
When: Friday, Jan 26th @ 7:00 pm.
Location: 546 E. Larned, Detroit, MI 48226
For more information check out the Meeting post on the HC Forums at: http://secure.hospitalityclub.org/hc/forum.php?action=DisplayMessage&StartMessageId=145948
HC screen-name: skysurf99
Edited by: skysurf99 on 20.01.2007 somekindofcalm on 24.06.2006 maplefanta on 26.05.2006 maplefanta on 18.03.2006 valmid on 06.04.2004 valmid on 16.03.2004