|The Hospitality Club is the world's largest hospitality exchange organization. We are thousands of friendly members world wide who offer each other free accommodation when traveling. Membership is free and joining just takes a minute - we would love to have you onboard!|
|Active members in Burton, British Columbia - British Columbia Rockies/Thompson-Okanagan, Canada
|Below you can find basic info for our members in Burton. If you would like to contact them, please sign up - it only takes a couple of minutes. If you are already a member, please go to the member section - you are on the external pages now. In any case, you can read travel information for Burton from our members below.|
We would be happy to have you onboard in the club - signing up just takes a couple of minutes! Some of the benefits:
- free accommodation in Burton, British Columbia - British Columbia Rockies/Thompson-Okanagan, Canada
- hospitality exchange in Burton, British Columbia - British Columbia Rockies/Thompson-Okanagan, Canada
- cheap travel to Burton, British Columbia - British Columbia Rockies/Thompson-Okanagan, Canada
- travel information about Burton, British Columbia - British Columbia Rockies/Thompson-Okanagan, Canada
- meet friendly people in Burton, British Columbia - British Columbia Rockies/Thompson-Okanagan, Canada
|Info about Burton, British Columbia - British Columbia Rockies/Thompson-Okanagan, Canada
Burton Travel Guide
Login to edit Login to view History
Write an intro paragraph about this city/town/village. Why should members come? What can they expect, travel wise and Hospitality Club wise?
Top Things to See and Do
Please just make a simple list separated by commas here - more info in the Travel Guide.
Nearby cities/suburbs: Please add links and km or mile distance here. This way travelers can also contact members who live in places that are not that famous.
Who is coming? Just add your user name and basic info (date and places you will visit) about your trip here, maybe other members will invite you or meet up with you on the road. Use your profile to tell more about your plans.
Want more guests! Add your user name here if you would like to receive more visitors - you should get more requests if listed here.
Hospitality Club Meetings
If you would like to invite other members to an activity or meeting, add the info here. You can use the Travel Guide for more detailed info.
If you have added some info here you can simply remove the instruction text. Thanks for helping to build this great resource!!
Edited by: veit on 21.12.2003 veit on 26.08.2003
|Last postings about Burton British Columbia - British Columbia Rockies/Thompson-Okanagan Canada from other users
* Burton, 45km south of Nakusp, Kootenay region of British Columbia, Canada
* Columbia River valley (Arrow Lakes)
* Population around 300
* Burton is definitely not easy to reach and/or to move around, but in my view, it is well worth the trip
* This is a region for outdoor people seeking outdoor activities... or visit us if you are just plain tired of fast track life. There are 2 hot springs in the valley (62km / 80km), guaranteed to take some stress away.
* We will gladly show visitors around (....but we can't guarantee you will see any bears, if that is what you are after)
* In Burton there are no clubs, pubs, restaurants, cinemas, bowling, music/dance halls or any other city-life goodies
* Personally, we like hiking, kayaking and camping
* We do not participate in any winter sports/activities. When snow comes, we prefer to go somewhere warm and sunny...
* Burton is very small community with virtually no services (no gas, no store), just tiny post office
* Fauquier (pop. 400) is 22km SOUTH from Burton and it has gas station and small corner store.
* Nakusp (pop. 1,600) is just 45km NORTH from Burton and it has all basic services, including gas and well stoked store.
* Our property is frequented by wild animals, including bears. So far, they did not devoured any guests, but that is because all visitors took time to learn the basics how to act in the "bear country". For your own sake, do the same before you will start traveling in BC, or ask us to share with you some tips as soon as you arrive.
Mountains, lakes, wildlife